Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cooler Weather

With the cooler weather the garden is starting to produce again.  Even with the water I was giving it - I think the plants were just trying to survive in the weeks of 100 + heat.  Now that it has broken below the 90s the plants are fruiting.  Even the Cherokee Purples are putting out tomatoes again.  I see two watermelons so far and the tomatillos look like they are making a go of it too but nothing substantial yet.  I am very happy to see the garden coming back after I had given up on it producing anything more this year.


My two baby watermelons - I will be keeping a close eye on them.  I think they are sugar babys.




The tomatillos are making their paper shell - kind of like an onion but their fruit is more like a tomato.



And the tomatoes - I hope the cool temps will keep them from cracking so bad.

1 comment: