Wednesday, April 9, 2014

goat housing

So I made my portable goat shelter finally.  It is pure redneck but hopefully will do the job.  Savaged wood and a 30 dollar tarp pretty much make up the material list.



I am hoping Miss gets bred soon but I am not holding out hope much longer.  Camo just doesn't seem to be up to the job since he is so small and she keeps running away.  I may end up selling them both and trying to reinvest in a new doe.

I am trying to decide if I should try with rabbits again or just spend my time and money with chickens since right now they are the only thing being productive here.  I do want to try a rabbit again, just to prove it was a fluke.  Just not sure I can find a market to sell the rabbits.  The meat is good, kind of like chicken and is very lean.

I need to get the chicken tractor repaired.  All the moving and winter weather did a number on it.  I also want to build a grow-out pen for meat birds and I am thinking about getting some more layers since people are interested in eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment