Monday, September 15, 2014

So I've been bad.

I kept meaning to post more here and I just kept putting it off.  Really not much to report.  Miss Bun is out living in the yard because Camo knocked her feeder off her cage to get at the rabbit food and released her.  I can't remember how many times that had happened, but this time she isn't going to let herself be caught.  Any time we get near her she takes off.  So its been about two weeks and she isn't suffering.  I would like to catch her, but I am not putting much effort into it.  I think I will end the bunny experiment.

The baby chickens are about a month away from laying (I hope) while the older two birds seemed to have slacked off in their egg production.  Also Old Dog has been caught eating eggs, so that isn't helping.

I am ready for the turkeys to go to freezer camp.  They were cute and fun, then they grew up and are sloppy.  I will probably raise some again next year but may get them later in the year.  I am curious to see how much these monsters weigh.

I need to get on the ball and chop up some wood for the winter.  I hope it won't be as bad as last year but a lot of folks and the farmer's almanac is calling for a hard winter.  Dad brought up another chainsaw he fixed so hopefully between the two I can get rolling on the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment