Friday, April 17, 2015

fences, dogs, and Ms. Bunn

So the yellow and white dog came back at the beginning of the week.  I'm not sure if I wrote about it here before, but during winter it had been trying to get into the chicken wagon.  I made several requests for the owners to lock the dog up, and for awhile it seemed ok.  But then they got another brown dog and the two started coming around again.  The yellow and white dog came all the way up to the garage where the chickens were free ranging and eating some food I had out for them.  I knew he was coming and was waiting on the deck with the shot gun.  I admit I didn't take a lot of time to aim at him, as I really didn't want to hurt the dog.  I blame the owner really.  But I needed to protect my chickens and make it clear to the owner I was serious, since she was actually across the street this time.  (The other times she hadn't been around).

The dog got away, I don't think I hit him, they said I hit his ear, but he wasn't yelping and continued to run around for another hour before they took him home.  Her friends were yelling and cussing at me so I called the police to talk with them.

The next day I started building The Wall. (yes I stole that from Game of Thrones)

I pulled all the fencing I had and started putting it up along the front of our property.  I put the signs and the orange fence directly in front of the house across the street so they would get the message (I hope).  Since the poor dog can't read.  The bad thing about it is, the dog and person that owns him doesn't even live there, they live at the start of the street but always show up at the house across from us.

In other fencing news, I put together a lighter, portable electric fence for the goats and they are doing well with it.  When I first put them in it, Camo put his mouth around one of the cords and got nailed.  He learned.  The girls were smarter than him (as usual).






And while milking Miss, Ms.Bunn came by with a bunch of hay.  She is building a nest for babies.  I think she has it made under the garage.  I look forward to seeing her babies and maybe catching a few.


No comments:

Post a Comment