Wednesday, July 25, 2012

They Moved.

So my friends moved one mile from their apartment to their first house together.  Very excited for them.  Thankfully I didn't have to sweat much for them since they hired movers.  I did not envy those guys.  I would hate to do that much labor in dangerous temperatures of 100+ heat.

I don't mind sweat - it means you are alive and doing something ... even if it is just surviving in the heat.  What I do mind is if it gets in my eyes.

Bathroom is finally done and it is WONDERFUL!!  Rob doesn't have to duck (6'3") to get under the shower head.  We specifically raised the head of the shower when we gutted the room just for him.  It fought till the very end but we triumphed ... strange how simple jobs like screwing in a bathtub drain get complicated.

Going to help get Allie and Jimu's house ready for their girls coming home from Texas (visiting relatives).  The girls know nothing about it.  They didn't even know Allie and Jimu were looking for a house.  They will be so excited when they find out.  I can't wait to see their faces.

Trying to coax the garden along in this heat is becoming more difficult.  I almost want to just let it die.  This drought is really tough on the little garden, I can't imagine what farmers are doing when that is their lively hood (except if they have crop insurance).  You find a way I imagine.  If the garden was more important to me than just a few extra tomatoes (at this point) then I would probably put in more effort.  But most of what I grew I have harvested already or the bugs ate.

I am very glad I started so early this spring.  It meant the vegetables were done before the drought got really bad.  I can only hope Nature takes pity on us soon and lets the rain in.

No comments:

Post a Comment