Thursday, November 7, 2013

Learn by doing

Some people don't like that little motto.  I stole it off a friend that used to be in the Navy.  Not sure where he got it, but this is the only credit I am giving him. :)
We all start somewhere in learning to do things.  Be it walking, talking, or hula hoop.  Most things you have to learn by doing them.  I have yet to hear of someone reading about riding a bike and then getting on one for the first time and riding successfully.
It requires gumption - a favorite word of mine.
In fact I am thinking of naming the farm : Gumption Farm.
It has a lot of try in it, it is a funny sounding word, and yet it means so much in what I am trying to do (with Rob's help - and a lot of other people).
I know everything won't be rosy all the time, but nothing ever is; not even roses.

And what made me think that I could possible do anything like this?  Oddly a blog.  Coldantler farm.  (Beyond other people believing me in my hair-brained ideas)  This is what made me say "F it, you only live once!"

I would rather die trying than live never having tried.

So here she is, Jenna, and her scrappy little farm in New York.
http://coldantlerfarm.blogspot.com/2013/11/perspective.html#links

No comments:

Post a Comment