Thursday, May 15, 2014

Odd egg

So I got an odd egg this morning.  Basically a runt.  I ate it.
Some pictures for size comparisons.

 The chickens seem to be slowing down in their egg production.  I was happy with 4 - 6 eggs a day but they are down to 3 -4 now.  Not sure why.  At least the white hen is consistent.  She always flaps here way out of the pen - goes to the bush in the front yard - and lays her egg almost everyday.  Then she comes back for me to pick her up and put her back with the others.  She amuses me and it isn't hurting anything to let her do her thing to be happy.

The garden had a visitor.  Lucky it didn't look like the turtle had done much damage.  Will see when the tomatoes start coming up.


The broccoli is prolific.  I hope it heads soon so I can harvest.


I got my nut trees in the mail and spent some time this afternoon planting them.  It started raining before I could finish so only half of them have chicken wire around them.





The mulberry are starting to come in.  My photography skills are lacking on the phone-camera but those green blobs are the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment