Wednesday, May 21, 2014

So about them eggs

I think my problem with the lower number of eggs is I haven't been consistent with giving the chickens oyster shells to bolster their calcium intake.  This morning when I went to collect one it was so fragile it crumbled in my hand and the chickens gobbled up the remains.  The least I can say is at least they aren't actively destroying their own eggs.  So now the search is one for bulk oyster shells.

Also got the last of my garden planted and the trees set.  I did bungle one thing when planting the weeping willow.  I wanted outside my computer room window and when I went to dig the hole I picked the one 6 inch area that the invisible dog fence wire went through.  So I moved over several feet and planted the tree and then went about fixing the dog fence.

When I told Dad, he teased me that I didn't call dig-rite.


No comments:

Post a Comment