Monday, January 5, 2015

freezing

Temperatures are below freezing all day now.  This week looks to be keeping that trend.  All the critters are doing ok.  I doubt they are enjoying it, but no one looks to bad from the cold.  Lots of ice breaking to keep the water flowing for them though.

The dog situation seems to have cleared up.  I am very glad it didn't drag on and turn into something really ugly.

I am thinking I will build a "sick pen/training for electric fence" area next to the driveway.  just something small along the property line and driveway that will be a good place to have a critter when they are ill.  Or if Miss decides to kid.  I am thinking I will build the shelter from the doors I was given and top it with a tarp over some pvc or cattle panels.  It will also be close enough to the garage that I can run the electric for the fence from it, underground, without it being too much of a chore to dig the trench.  The electric might have to wait for warmer weather though.

I may just do measuring for the pen this week, and see what the temperatures do, I don't want to be out there for hours on end when it is below freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment