Sunday, January 11, 2015

The little things

Its just a half gallon plastic orange juice container with half the top cut off, but it was missing this morning and I was slightly upset.  I use it to dole out feed for the chickens and measure out grain for the goats.  It was basically free (after Dad drank the orange juice) and just the right size.  A full gallon milk jug wouldn't be as convenient and I didn't now the level of feed in a full gallon that would equal what I had been feeding.

I thought I had brought it back to the garage last night after feeding but this morning I couldn't find it.  Not in the feed cans, not on the ground near the cans, and not outside where it might have blown away.  I was fairly distressed that we might have to buy orange juice just so I could have another feed scoop.

Happily this afternoon I found it on the back of the chicken wagon where I had forgot it when checking for eggs.

That feed scoop is important around here.  Or so the goats tell me.


No comments:

Post a Comment