Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Over a month late

Been really behind in my posts.  I can just own up to it and say I was lazy, but I also have the excuse of family in town, Mom and Dad's 40th wedding anniversary I planned and hosted, July 4th guild social, getting sick, oh and a new puppy.

His name is Varg.  Technically he is "Rob's dog".  (Not that we really divide up the animals like that but if he messes in the house I can make Rob clean it up that way.....)
 Also it rained for a week straight it seemed.  This used to be a field next to the river I usually swim in.
 Parking lot and soccer field next to the feed store.
Baby chicks are growing like gangbusters
(confused by this word I know, and yet do not know the origin of, I looked it up: Usage of the idiom like gangbusters has become a little weird over the years. Originally it meant with great initial excitement, speedilywith a strong start, or with immediate success. The idiom originally came from the midcentury American radio program Gang Busters, which began each episode with great excitement and vigor (i.e., with lots of loud sound effects). You can hear some episodes here.)
Unfortunately I lost one of the white hens to a predator, and the rest of the hens don't seem to be in much of a mood to lay any eggs.
Other than that .... I need to mow the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment