Friday, July 24, 2015

tools of the trade

So I have been flooded with broken tools.  Our push mower broke the pull sting, the chainsaw won't fire up, a friend's mower and weed-eater stopped working.
Thankfully both push mowers were an easy fix.  Obviously with our's, just redo the string (which I still need to do).  The friend's mower just needed the shaft cleared of some nylon string, possible shredded hay string or fishing line.  Not sure exactly what it was, but once clear it fired and worked.

The chain saw is in pieces downstairs.  After several attempts at starting it, including squirting a little fuel into the spark plug chamber, I decided to check the spark from the plug.  (On suggestion from my dad) From what I could tell there was no spark, but I was trying to hold it and the chainsaw while pulling the string.  I have a new spark plug but I need to test it out.  Hopefully this will fix the issue.

And the weed-eater.  Awhile ago they had asked my to look at it; it would start but not continue to run.  When I finally got around to looking at it, it wouldn't start at all.
First problem: they didn't know to mix the 2 cycle oil with the fuel - oops.
Second problem: the fuel line came apart in the tank and the filter was just rattling around in it.

So I dumped the fuel and bought a new fuel line.  I just need to get that ran, mix up a new gallon of fuel and see if she even wants to fire.  Hopefully that is all that is wrong,

So that will be most of my day.

This all started because I wanted to use the chainsaw to cut down a stump in the front yard.

Stupid Stump.

No comments:

Post a Comment