Monday, August 3, 2015

Father-in-law

My father-in-law is amazing.  He let me borrow his saw.  I don't want to say what it is or anything since this is a public blog and I don't want strangers to know what equipment I have on my place (especially when it isn't my equipment) but may I just say, "Hot knife through butter."

I know what brand I want now.  I even figured out how to pull it off of the ground.  Unlike the homelite and poulan I have, this one doesn't yank back on you.  It starts on the first pull 90% of the time, and always within three.  I am going to have to write the company a love letter.

At first I was dreading going out and I admit I made several excuses until 10 o'clock rolled around, but once I got out there and started working, the saw made life so much easier.  Of course I waited a bit too long into the day and decided to come back in as the heat climbed higher.  But now I know I want to be out there first thing.  I can start gathering logs for the winter and the path back into the woods is open for the first time in over a year.

I appreciate what my dad tried to do with getting me some cheap saws.  I mean the first one I bent the blade in a tree the first time I used it.  I am in no ways proficient, but just like having a sharp knife keeps you safer when cutting things or butchering, a good saw makes you better at cutting wood and trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment