Friday, August 14, 2015

Technology

I was going to take this caffeine induced hyperness in the middle of the night to put up pictures and maybe a video of the progress being made on clearing some of the downed trees and clearing the fence line (deep breath), but nooooo.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't import pictures or videos off my phone.  I searched online for a solution but the few recommended ones haven't cured the problem.

So I went on to scan in a receipt for a rebate.  But noooo.  The computer doesn't want to import that picture either.

So here I was, going to be all productive and showy and stuff, but Windows 10 has defeated me.

Otherwise it seems to run pretty quick and smooth.  I am sure Rob or his brother will cure the computer this weekend.  Or thump my on the head with the, "Duh, click this option." solution.

But I did clean up a majority of the trees me and Dad had cut down last year, and I have a good start on a winter wood pile with them.  It is very satisfying seeing that pile grow.  The last couple of winters we heated the house with just the wood stove and it was fine, except we were usually bringing in wood from one of Rob's co-workers.

It was great that he was giving us the free wood, but it sucked that I had stock piled any ahead of time.  I feel much more secure with this wood pile, but I know it isn't nearly enough for the winter yet.  There are several downed trees in the woods from a storm a year or so ago that are begging to be chopped up.

The fence line is beginning to take shape.  I cleared several yards of it, giving myself about four feet to work with and it looks pretty good to me.  There are some spots where I will need help (which I volunteered Rob for on the weekends) where some dead fall is to high for me to reach or I need to drop a big dead tree.

I hope to get the pictures up soon, cause there is an awesome one of the turkeys on the wood I hauled up in the lawn wagon behind the tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment