Tuesday, September 11, 2012

listen

Sometimes you can try your best to help someone and it doesn't matter.  They either don't care, don't want to hear it, or think they are right.  It doesn't matter how nice or how much you do or how much evidence you show.

And no matter how much you care or think you can make a difference, sometimes you just have to take a breath and let it go.  If there isn't a reason for them to try and you have tried and tried and tried, eventually you just have to cut your losses.

Losses? Looses?  whatever.

Sometimes language bothers me and I have to just accept the fact that I don't remember all the rules and hope that those around me get the gist.

... I hope that's a word.

It is: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gist?s=t

gist

noun

1.
the main or essential part of a matter: What was the gist of his speech?
2.
the ground of a legal action.
 
Back to the subject... Which is basically to convince myself to stop caring.  That is difficult.
 
Is it right to give up on someone?  Does it depend on how much it would affect their life, your life and those around you?
 
Sometimes I hate these questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment