Monday, September 24, 2012

Time

When we first bought this house I thought we would probably never leave it.  In fact we have lived here for over ten years now.  But now.  Now I want to live out in the country.  I want to wake to feeding livestock and hearing their sounds, not the sounds of cars and airplanes and the small confines of a backyard garden.

But now we wait.  We wait to find out which agent we feel comfortable with, we wait for the people to come look, we wait for the inspections and paper work.  We may wait more than a year.

Before today I thought we might have to wait six months at the most.

I thought I could start looking for a new house once I got it listed but instead I may be forced to wait until we get it sold.  That hurts.

So now, I guess I will start planning my garden here again.  Unpack the winter clothes. And get used to living for awhile in a home that has no pictures on the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment