Thursday, October 3, 2013

carpentry

Been working most of the day on the rabbit/chicken tractor.  It will be the rabbits till I can build another one for them and move the chicks into it once they are big enough.



I plan on having chicken wire ove the wood and then in winter putting something to fully block the wind .  Likely some scrap carpet or whatever else is cheap.  The front will just be chicken wire - framed to be 2 feet tall.  The rear I will have solid plywood with 3 five gallon buckets for nests.
In all it is 10 feet long and 5 wide, the back five feet will be their weather shelter.
I will also put a drop down panel so they can walk out into the yard once I get my moveable fencing figured out.


Bunny don't care 'bout no dog!


This weekened is the draft horse and mule days in gerald MO.  It is only a half hour away so I plan on going.  I am excited to get back in amongst horses again, even if it is just for a day or two.  Hopefully next year I will have this place ready for a horse.  Both financially and with shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment