Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Foiled again

I was making good progress with the chicken tractor over the last few days.  Today as I was putting the chicken wire on (the last step) I hit a snag.

OUT OF STAPLES??!!!!!

So tomorrow I shall go out and purchase some more.

As well as other stuffs I need like food etc, that I have been putting off cause I don't like making trips to town (oh no 5 miles away) for just one stop if I don't have to.

Anyways here is the tractor so far.
 In the holes will be the buckets for the laying hens to use for nesting.

 I should have used the 2 foot wide chicken wire there but I had a brain fart and didn't.  I refuse to rip out all those staples to change it.
 This will be the big lid on top so I can get into the tractor for when I need to get the chickens if they are sick or hurt or it is time for the dinner plate.
By the by : battery operated tools are fantastic!!  I love that we spent the money on them.  I love my little ryobi tools and my battery stapler (brad nailer).  This would have probably taken 3 times as long without those tools.  Granted I could have used a corded one but those aren't nearly as portable.

No comments:

Post a Comment