Sunday, February 8, 2015

Building and fixing and maintenance.

Rob changed the oil in the vehicles today.  We stopped at the auto part store on the way home last night so he wouldn't have to go anywhere today.  Perhaps that was our first mistake.

While he was changing oil I went to look at the battery on the big tractor since it wasn't turning over even after being charged.  I took of the cables and found that the lead connector on one was broken.  Not sure if I did it when I was taking it off or if it had happened at some earlier point.  Either way it was busted.

So off Rob went to the auto part store for a new one.

I replaced the connector and while waiting for the battery to charge again I worked on building my milk stand for the goats.

Then Rob ran into an issue with my truck's oil filter.  Wrong size.  Which was annoying since we told the guy at the counter the year and make and engine for my truck.  So back he goes to the auto part store.  After arguing with the guy at the counter that we never said my truck is a diesel (cause its not) and that we never said it was 4x4 (cause its not) he finally got home with the correct filter.

While he was gone a did a small repair on the hoop house for the goats.

We got the battery back in the tractor and Rob finished the oil change for my truck.  The tractor fired right up - much happier now with a fully connected battery.  And we dragged the telephone pole, that the Ameren guys left for me, back to the garage.

The new goat is settling in. She is behind Camo with her head over his back, sleeping.

 And pictures of the kids, cause why not?


No comments:

Post a Comment