Sunday, February 22, 2015

More grinding

So I got some more turkey ground up and this I left plain so that I could make meatloaf or meatballs with it and season as needed.  The sausage I made earlier needs more seasoning.  I think because I used turkey and not pork the recommended amount of seasoning wasn't enough to sweeten it, as pork is a sweeter meat.

Also putting the grinder on the counter and not the breakfast bar made the suction cup stick much better.  I didn't have any issue with it.  I think the breakfast bar let air in because of the wood grain.

I also tried making some cracklin with the turkey skin.  I think I cooked it a little too long and I forgot to salt it.  It kind of tastes like burned bacon.  But ketchup helps it.


And finally I have a logo for the farm!  One of my buddies that I play Warcraft with made it for me.  Thanks Ryan!



No comments:

Post a Comment