Sunday, February 22, 2015

Turkey sausage

I started getting some turkey meat ready for grinding.  Took some time to get the meat off of both wings.  My new hand crank meat grinder was all washed up.  I was eager to give it a try since the reviews on Amazon seemed pretty good for it.

 I had to make sure to get the tendons and silver skin off the meat so it wouldn't bind up the grinder and ruin the sausage with icky tough bits.  The dogs were happy to clean up the bits I cut off so it wouldn't just be trash.

Bone says, "More turkey please, ma'am."


 The beginning bits of meat I had cleaned and ready for the grinder.


I thought I had taken pictures of the grinding happening but I got distracted when my parents called in the middle of it.  (Since my phone is also my camera).  The grinder worked fairly good, except the suction that holds it to the counter would occasionally give way.

I hope to get my seeds started soon and will post an update on that as well.  I know people want tomatoes as soon as the temperatures hit fifty degrees so I want to try and get a jump start on the plants being ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment