Monday, May 18, 2015

Back on the horse

I haven't messed with any of my books since Ter died.  Not his real name.  Nor did I ever meet him in person, but I knew his voice and talked with him for seven years.  He was helping me with ideas and editing the books.  But when he died, suddenly, but it was known he had a heart condition, I just dropped it all like a hot plate.

Thankfully books don't shatter when dropped.

Recently I was told to get back on the horse.  That Ter would prefer I kept writing.
And I know this is true.

So I will try.  I will pull the books back up on the computer, try and scrape the plot up off the pavement and make something of them.  Time to inject some more description like a rainbow into a heroin addict's vein.  Slap a fruity scratch'n'sniff sticker on that page and make people believe there is a strawberry there.  Sound the war horn and not be afraid to type: Arrooo Arooo!

I shall let my inner child's imagination fly and not worry if I get too close to the sun.  Imaginations bounce.  I will bounce.  And I will try and drag as many readers with me on that flight or fall, as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment