Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Plot Thickens

So I worked on the over-arching theme of the school books that I am writing and I am much happier now that I have a three sentence bridge for the series.  That may not seem like a lot, but when I have two of the books written and the third kicking around in my head still ... having a road map is handy.  Surprisingly I had just been winging it and letting the characters and random ideas drive the story until now.  But I will go back, clean up the previous books, add more description and also hint at the driving force behind the bad guys some more.  I think I have a good plot driver when it makes me cackle.

Is it wrong for an author to be evil to her characters?
I think George R.R. Martin would think it is ok.

In other news there are more baby bunnies.  One of the females from Miss Bunn's first wild litter also kindled a bunch of cinnamon babies.  But her babies are a little darker red.  You can kind of tell from the two stealing food from the broody hen.
The broody hen is doing great, so far as I can tell.  Last week I saw her actually going back to her nest after getting some water so she is doing what she is supposed to.  I hope to see chicks by the end of the month or so.  I put them under her on the 10th of May and chicken eggs are supposed to hatch after 21 days.

I started letting the three pullets out during the day as well.  So the other chickens get to see them roaming and hopefully start to accept them and also so they learn to forage.  They are doing great.  So far they stick near their cage or under the propane tank and the rose bush, which are maybe ten yards from their cage.  They put themselves away at night and I can lock them up till morning.

(Bone is investigating the new chicks)


 They hopped up on the stairs to the deck while I was reading.
 Today me and Rob picked some of the ripe mulberries.  I hope to get a jam recipe for them.  There are still a lot on the trees waiting to ripen.

No comments:

Post a Comment