Saturday, December 15, 2012

Not sure what to say

With the tragedy in Newtown, CT, I don't know what to say.  Obviously condolences to those affected.  But should anything else be said?  Should there be a call for policies to be changed?

I think a more effective thing would be to be more aware of the people around you.  I can't say what the family of the suspect had tried to do, if anything, to get help, but maybe something more should have been done.

It seems like every time something like this happens it is known the person wasn't totally stable.  Makes me wish someone cared enough about them to try and get them help.  Help so that these type of tragedies don't keep happening.

Granted I get angry at times.  Provoked enough to say awful things and threaten.  But when I really examine what I would do... I can't say for certain that I would react that violently.  I like to think not.  At least not anymore.  I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

I think the paperwork for the house in Union is finally sorted out.  Hopefully everything will go smoothly until closing.  Once we get the house and get the water pipes repaired we can see if the well and septic are good.  I hope so.

Funny that I prefer hope to pray.  I don't like to pray for things.  To expect whatever it is that makes this word spin and the universe to exist to listen to the pleading of a single soul.  Especially on something this materialistic.  I prefer hope.  Hope is something you give your own strength to, something your own soul reaches for.  It doesn't require outside intervention, but if something does decide to assist it is welcome.

I know prayer is something that a lot of people find comfort in and I am happy they do.  I just don't want to be asked to beg.  To beg something or someone I know little to nothing about.  I hope for speedy recoveries, I hope for good luck, I hope for that winning lottery ticket.  If I invest just my own feelings into it and not beg for it, it doesn't seem as selfish to me.

So I hope that people find some sort of peace this holiday/winter season, from Newtown, CT to Syria, to the refugee camps around the world, and even a little yellow house in Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment