Tuesday, August 20, 2013

priorities

When a friend needs help you drop what you are doing.  You drop the gardening.  You drop the lawnmower.  You drop the small animal projects.  You drop cleaning.

If a friend is in distress about their child.  Whether it is a cold or a life-threatening disease, you do what you can for them.

I am not a kid person.  Never have been.  But I will help my friends when they need it.  I don't expect thank yous.  I expect favors in return.  Not because it is a tit-for-tat thing, but because that is what friends do.

So I am going back to St. Louis for the rest of the week to help out.  I will get back to blogging and the farm when I feel my friends and their kids are back in a good place.

My sunflowers have bloomed.  The watermelons and tomatoes are growing.

1 comment:

  1. This friend says call in your favors. I look forward to helping out. Oh, and that thing you don't expect me to say.. I won't out of respect.

    ReplyDelete