Tuesday, August 27, 2013

door hinge

Got the cucumbers in - time to start making cucumber salads!

I fixed the push lawn mower.  It needed the carberator cleaned and I put on a new ring and needle etc.  It fired up on the second pull.  I admit to a few fist pumps.

The lawn tractor I pulled the spark plug and fuel filter.  It burns oil so the other spark plug was pretty sad.  The fuel filter was nasty and when I pulled it I sat and stared at the fuel pouring out of the line for 30 seconds waiting for it to stop.  Then my brain rengaged and I plugged it back together.

After a consultation call with my dad (usual price one beer/brownie/or cookie) I was informed the line needed to be plugged with a bolt or something while I went and got a new filter.

Right, ok.

Find something that will fit in the line.
Long story short - Did you know a door hinge plugs snuggly into a Sears Suburban 12 lawn tractor fuel line? 

New parts got - tractor fires up.

A few more fist pumps.

Now I just need to mow the grass ... ha

No comments:

Post a Comment