Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgivakkah

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.  I did.
Parents came up for a few days and we spent most of them out at friends and family eating all their food.  Hanukkah as wrapped up somewhat in that at Jimu and Allie's.

Well there is a warm stretch of weather so I decided the chickens need to learn to live in the tractor.  I covered the openings so they would have a fully covered 3 sides and brought it up to the garage.  I used the lawn tractor to pull it since it was an up-hill climb and it worked like a charm.

I got all the chickens transferred and they began pecking at the grass.  I am pleased they will be getting some greens now.  The only bad thing was I broke the invisible fence wire for the dogs when I drug the chicken tractor over it.  But that should be easy to fix.



In rabbit land : Big Mama did not kindle.  I am wondering if I bought a dud of a rabbit.  I am thinking I did.  I will breed her again today and the next several days.  This will be her final shot at having babies.  If she doesn't give birth by mid-January I will butcher her for meat.  I don't want to waste feed on a dud rabbit.  I am just aggravated that I was swindled out of more money for her from the guy cause he said she was pregnant and now I can't even get her pregnant.

The goats are doing well, eating up the left over leaves in the woods (mostly honey suckle).  I just move their pen everyday.  I hope Camo (the male) starts getting bigger soon and does his job and gets Miss pregnant before too long.  I want her to have spring kids.  I may end up selling him if she isn't dropping a baby by June or so and trying to get her bred from someone else's billy.

No comments:

Post a Comment