Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Calling Spring

I have spring fever.  I want to start my garden, have eggs fresh from my chickens' butts and have Miss finally let Camo breed her.

Camo is little but he is trying like a champ.  If Miss would hold still he might get the job done and we would have some baby goats and milk.  His papers finally got worked out so the babies would officially by purebred Nubians.

This is Miss during late summer/fall.  Nubians have the pendulous ears.

The first shoots of green will be welcome.  Hell, bugs would be welcome at this point so the chickens could have something different to eat.

For now I sit at the computer pounding away at the keys, hoping that the story I am putting so much work into will eventually be printed and people will actually want to read it.  But now that the snow is thawing again I will need to stop my typing and get outside and put the nest boxes in the chicken tractor for my eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment