Monday, March 10, 2014

Warmer Days

A lot of things done around here are based on the weather.
Will the goats get to go outside today?  Is it raining, snowing or to cold for them?  Today is going to be a glorious 70 degrees and they are on fresh grass for the day.

No more need to bust ice from buckets or defrost rabbit water.  No more sliding on snow and ice.  No more getting snow in my shoes.

Yesterday I finished putting the nest boxes in the chicken tractor.

 (yes this tractor was expertly painted by M and D)
Soon I will take the cardboard off that kept the wind from the chickens all winter.  I am proud of my scrappy chickens for surviving the whole miserable winter without a heat lamp.

I am still culling some roosters.  I have a red ready to go today.  I have two barred rocks that I need to cull and then I will be down to the two I am deciding between.  A big barred rock and a white with silver lace that I am unsure of the breed.  They are two of the bigger birds and it comes down to who is the quietest.  Wish I could explain that to them.

I also wanted to share the first signs of spring:  The daffodils are sprouting.


No comments:

Post a Comment