Thursday, March 20, 2014

vernal equinox

I planted some of my garden today.  I kept to the cold hardy plants like lettuce and peas.  In mid-April I will be putting in the warmer weather plants like tomatoes and peppers.  The weather is great for the garden today, a nice mid-60s with a slight breeze.

I have two more roosters ready to cull.  I think I have a naked neck chicken that is also a rooster though, so need to get rid of him.  That will leave the only rooster a barred rock (although I think this picture is of a hen).

There was another egg today but the shell wasn't formed so the chickens ate it.  I am going to be adding oyster shell to their diet so that hopefully won't happen again.

In April I hope to get another female rabbit and see if my rabbit production will happen.  Also in breeding news I will try and help Camo get up on the back stairs so he has a chance of breeding Miss.  Once I know she is bred he will be leaving ... one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment