Sunday, March 2, 2014

News from the snow globe

It seems like winter is never going to end.  And that isn't just me saying that.  I would hate to think what it must have been like for those people who had to suffer through the ice age, much less a mini ice age.

Dispatched two more roosters, including my favorite colored one.  He was the noisiest and the smallest so I didn't want him making babies.  I am trying to pick which of the remaining roosters I want to keep.  There are two that look like they grew quickly and are a good size.

So for my birthday I got a snowstorm from mother nature ..... So Rob is spending the night with some friends in St. Louis so he has an easier time making it into work (or rather can make it into work).  Good thing bull riding was on today or it would have been a total loss.  That and Jr. came in second in the nascar race, which I only caught the last half of.

I noticed when I was moving the chicken tractor that our new (well less than a year old) metal roof was having an issue.  On the side of the house there is some flashing that comes down to keep the wind from getting under the roof and ripping it off. Except that flashing is now popped up - from the wind.  So will need to clamber up there when the weather gets better and pop it back down.  Oh goody.

I had hoped to get more trees cut down this winter but the weather has just been so bitter I can't bring myself to go outside and get it done.  Hopefully the world will trend toward a warmer trend soon and I can knock down a bunch before they start drawing up too much sap.  I need me a pasture for more critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment