Thursday, August 7, 2014

Rain!

Praise to Mother Nature!  She finally decided to let it rain here.  I think we went almost a month without rain.  And with the low humidity it dried everything up to a pasty yellow.  I watered the garden consistently enough that the tomatoes and new plants are still coming in, but the yard it close to a dessert.  I haven't had to mow in three weeks.
With the goats help that is...

I found a lost dog yesterday.  A beagle.  Someone owned him, he has a collar, but no tags.  I wish people would at least invest in tags.  But it does look like he might have had a name plate riveted on but there is nothing there now.  I hope I hear from someone soon.  I will be taking him to the humane society Saturday.  If he is lucky he will have a chip.  I posted on craigslist and a few lost and found facebook pages about him.  My printer is broken and hand-made signs would have come apart with the rain today.

He is a really nice dog, didn't bother with the birds or the cats.  He just needs to be neutered.  From his teeth he looks pretty young, maybe a year or two old.

No comments:

Post a Comment