Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Back to work

Started clearing the fence line again.  I just have the west and south side to clear.  The west side will be around 1000 feet, and the south side is 200 feet and closest to the house and is where the main gate will be.  I let the goats clear some of the shrubs for me and then I went in with the loppers and chainsaw and cleaned up the line I wanted.

You might be able to see one of the goats down at the end of the cleared part.


 In other news my five dollar Wal-Mart shoes finally gave up the ghost.  I only had them for 3 months maybe, but they were five bucks and just used around the farm really.  I tried gluing the sole back on, but it wouldn't hold.  Time to buy my next pair.

I think I prefer getting cheaper pairs of shoes than really nice expensive ones.  Cause for just around here I don't want to have to worry about tearing them up.  I love the ariat shoes that I used to get but they were around 100 dollars a pair, and while really comfortable and held up my feet really well on concrete, I didn't like that I tore them up while helping shingle a roof.  Basically the asphalt shingles sandpapered down the thread holding the tops of the shoes together.  I was very sad about that, and still used them around the farm for far longer than I needed to.



Also the persimmons are ripening.  I need to collect some and make some jam with them.  Right now the chickens and turkeys are scooping up what falls on the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment