Monday, September 28, 2015

Fall

The leaves are turning, but they are mostly turning brown.  Because rain refuses to fall here.  It has been a more than a month since we have seen any measurable sort of rain.  I mean last this morning there was enough rain to make the deck wet but the ground showed little impact.  The dirt is hard and cracked and the grass is brown and brittle.

Went to the horse auction again, this time by myself.  I should have gone a little earlier as I didn't have enough time to wander the aisles to look at the horses like I wanted to.  But I enjoyed seeing the horses.  It still amazes me how cheap horses are now.  There was a 5 month old colt that went for $60.

I hope to have the fence up before winter and in the spring have enough money saved to get some more critters.  I do need to get a trailer though, so that may take precedence over more critters.

If I could get a horse I could train and then sell to someone for a profit that would help.  But I have no guarantee that it would work.  Just the belief that it would.  Sometimes that's all you have to go on.

The goats got out the other day.  I grabbed the grain bucket and was walking around the flatbed trailer to them but Godiva decided a straight line was the fastest way to the grain.

 Last weekend Allie took me to see the balloon glow in Forest Park.  This was the only balloon that got up, there was just too much wind for the others.  When we were leaving they blew the horn for the fires that heat up the air in the balloons.  They lit those torches off, but there were no balloons over them.  Maybe next year.  I doubt I will go again, just too much chaos and children running around screaming for me.
 Rags and Jethro are getting along.  They enjoy playing with each other.  Jethro's twin, Gibbs, is hanging around the garage.  But all he is getting from me is food, and maybe some cuddles, but no more inside pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment