Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Drama

So I freaked myself out last week.  Made a lot of people worry about me.  But everything turned out ok.

To those I worried, I apologize and I thank you for your kindness and concern.  I have learned a valuable lesson, don't post on facebook when having an anxiety attack.

What it comes down to is our cat Rags got very sick over the weekend and I took him to the vet on Monday.  The vet took great care of him, told me he was very sick and dehydrated.  This much I knew which is why I had taken him to the vet, but then she added that he had fleas.

Fleas?  I don't see any fleas in my house!

But when I went to the vet to pick him up, they showed me all the flea dirt, and he was covered in it.  Flea medication was applied to all critters in the house and flea powder to the carpet.

Rags gradually got better over the week, and at the end of it I released him from his quarantine room.  He was not plugged up (not able to urinate) a common problem with male cats, and once he started feeling better he started drinking again.  The vet still wants to check him for diabetes but I think he just got a virus, but I have been wrong before.  He had been spitting up a lot of saliva which is why he got dehydrated so badly.

On top of that, I was supposed to take Rags back to the vet the next day (Tuesday last week) but Rob's car went on the fritz.  At first we thought it was the transmission going because Rob said it was shifting roughly.  So he brought it home and took the truck.  I didn't take Rags to the vet because I didn't want to damage the transmission anymore, or get stuck on the side of the rode with him, if that was what it was.

So on top of a $300 vet bill, I was looking at a possible broken transmission.

Pay attention folks, this is when Mary enters meltdown mode.

Money worries freak me out.  Our very friendly, lovable, fluffy cat was sick and had fleas. I came unglued and posted on facebook about how horrible I was feeling, thinking there was no way out, thinking I had failed all my pets and maybe should take them out with me.

But no.  This was the sickness in my mind talking.  Sometimes I can stress myself out beyond the delicate balance my medication keeps me at.  And I have wonderful friends and family who care about me and wanted to help.

Anyways, Rags got better.  We got the computer code for the car checked and found out it was a vacuum problem.  A good dusting out of the air filter (yeah it was bad) and the car runs fine.

So that was the cause of all the drama.  I have learned a valuable lesson.  And the world spins on.

I was going to post about fall and the trees turning etc.  Maybe next time, this post ran long.


No comments:

Post a Comment