Friday, June 6, 2014

pee and the hand that feeds

So everyday I check on the baby rabbits, sometimes several times a day, because I am thrilled to have them.  Today Mama rabbit didn't want to get out of the way of the door of her cage and made her displeasure known, all over my hand with her urine.
Ok...
After wiping off my hand in the dewy grass I gathered a peace offering for the new mother.  She seemed satisfied with the paltry offering of weeds and grasses and chewed on them while I pulled the nest box to the opening of her cage.

Inside all six babies are fat and squirming with abuse from the removal of their mother's plucked fur.  They appear to be well fed and happy in the nest until I disturb them.  Also they are getting louder with their protests.  In the few days they have been alive they have gone from small grunts to higher pitched grunts that are louder.  I think these will be great, strong babies.

And yes I washed my hands before I blogged.

No comments:

Post a Comment