Thursday, June 5, 2014

RIP White Hen

I went to check on the white hen this morning where she was brooding the two eggs and there was nothing left of her but a bunch of feathers.  I'm not sure what got her.  There wasn't much of a trail.  I just know no to let the chickens and turkeys stay outside of where the dogs are anymore.

Because she liked that spot in the front yard she was away from the rooster and the scent of the dogs.  I can only hope the rest of them will be safe in the backyard.

Also this morning I had to chase down the male rabbit.  Somehow he had gotten out.  So I put him in one of the full metal cages until I figure out how to fix up the larger tractor cage so that he can't get out.  Or I might put the young rabbits in it once they are weaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment