Friday, June 27, 2014

Wagon HO!

I call it the egg wagon.




It will be the new chicken tractor since the old one didn't turn into that great of an egg tractor.  I will cover the top with 6 mil. plastic and the lower section (the pallets) with chicken wire.  The back I will have to old cat litter boxes which I hope will be more tempting for the chickens to lay in.  I will probably need to add more nest boxes once the other chicks start laying but for my 5 remaining hens it should be fine (if they will agree to lay in the boxes).
It started clouding up and there was threatening thunder in the distance so I figured packing up my tools early was better than them getting all wet (since a majority are battery operated).

I got in 5 zucchinis which Rob is attempting to sell at work.  If not, we will have some for supper soon.  I also sent a bag of lettuce with him.
The tomatoes are just starting to form.  Which is what everyone has been asking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment