Wednesday, June 4, 2014

so much, so little.

So much can happen in so little time.  It was a good thing I had fixed the goat shelter yesterday cause there was a big storm this morning.  I woke at 6am to find the power was out and the goat shelter had blown over and the goats trying to find a place to hide from the driving rain.  In the time it took me to go out and right the shelter and come back in, I was completely drenched.  Like I had jumped into a swimming pool drenched.  I dripped my way to the bathroom and shed the soaking clothes and then went about getting dressed.


In the backyard an oak split off half of its top and it landed across the clothes line, thankfully nothing landed on the turkey or chicken shelters.

Even the chicken tractor was pushed back several feet from the wind.  The fence is where the edge of the tractor was yesterday.
The rain was slacking off and so I went out to look around and called my parents to let them know we were all ok.  And then I saw my female rabbit loose in the yard.  Thankfully I have good dogs that herded her back behind a piece of plywood and I got her caught (on the second try as she left the cage the first time before I could latch it.

Then the neighbor's dog came over and so I caught her and the boy came and got her fairly quickly.  Good deed for the day done.

I got to check the baby bunnies and she had six.  They look great.  I am very pleased.


So other than the storm things are going great.  It is 12 pm now and the power came back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment