Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

Weeded the garden today to prepare for putting in the next batch of vegetables for the late season.  Hoping to see some fireworks tonight from the deck, but I am willing to wait until my cousin's party tomorrow.

The weather has been fantastic this week.  Most of the week was in the 70s, with the low 80s being the high.  Of course that means I get sick and sleep away one of those perfect days.  Color me upset.
I am almost done with the chicken wagon, just trying to figure out the best way to put on a door without buying hinges and attaching the old cat litter boxes for nest boxes.

The turkeys inspected the egg wagon and gave it their approval.


This is with the cover on, I cinched down the back but I will need to put something sturdier back there to keep the chicks in and predators out.

I have been reading a book about the constitution the past few days.  Not really conscious of the time of year I was doing it.  Mom had given it to me, she had gotten it from a constitution class she had taken.  I really enjoyed the first few chapters that detailed some of the revolutionary war.  I never realized that the war had been so poorly funded because the states had simply decided not to pay for the army.  I thought the constitution had been drawn up the same time as the Declaration of Independence.
Reading through the language the founders used is difficult at times, but it is interesting to see what exactly they said.  I hope it doesn't become too boring and I finish it.  It being the size of a text book makes it tough to snuggle onto the couch and read though.  I suppose there are worse problems in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment