Friday, July 18, 2014

still in the egg buisiness

The black hen has started laying again.  The barred rock that had her back ripped open hasn't, but I don't think she ever did lay eggs.  I just could never figure out who wasn't laying in the group.  But it figures that the fox left the black hen that occasionally breaks her egg because she doesn't lay it in the nest boxes but drops it from the roost in front of them.  I will take what I can get though.  I eventually might cull the barred rock but I will let her out Sunday and see if she decides to lay.


The turkeys and the black hen are checking out the new laying chicks.  I hope the once this fox is taken care of and a few weeks in the wagon to let them range a little, but probably behind a portable fence to begin.



Dad came up with a huge load of wood on the trailer.  So we have even more supplies to build new shelters.  A lot of it is straight twelve foot long boards from a deck that was taken down.  I see a horse shelter in my future!


No comments:

Post a Comment