Monday, March 9, 2015

Deep Universe Thoughts

Or at least something like that.

I watched a documentary called,  A Will for the Woods.
Basically it followed a man who was dying of cancer and his wish for a natural burial.  A wooden coffin with no preservatives, a simple linen wrap and no preservative chemicals in the body.

It got me thinking about my own beliefs how the world and all in it are connected.  Just like the ocean may separate a droplet from itself but when it rejoins it is fully incorporated back into the ocean.

Perhaps we shouldn't permanently separate ourselves from the earth.  It may be better to let our bodies go back to soil, and in that sense our spirit continues on with it.

Like the drop of ocean, our soul separated from the great community of spirit of the earth and when we die it rejoins.  Perhaps a part of that spirit is reborn at some point, giving credence to the rebirth theory.  Perhaps some people still have a touch of that communion with the spirit world, in many forms of prayer or psychic abilities.  Not much of that is something I really believe in but it is a theory kicking around in my head.

Basically it goes back to my belief in a type of "Force" (see: Star Wars 4-6).  Not so much a separate energy from us, but something that is in everything and in everyone.  (note to self, learn how to spell separate so that spell check leaves me alone.)

I can't say that I have a firm belief in anything, but I like to think that each person will receive the after life they believe in.  (Although I do hope that evil people get something less desired.)  I like to think of mother nature as something I can plead and complain to; begging for warmer weather, and thanking for the life of an animal about to be dispatched for food.

A Will for the Woods got me thinking on this, but it comes into play more today since I will be butchering the last turkey.  I had come to start calling him Tom, but I think he is lonely and he is 40 pounds of good meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment