Monday, March 16, 2015

Farm Harvest

Today one of the kids left to join his new goat herd.  I put Camo with the last kid so he wouldn't be totally alone.  I think I have him reserved as well, just waiting on the mail to confirm.

I am getting almost 2 quarts of milk from Miss a day.  What a bounty from that sweet, skinny goat.  I give her all the food she could want and have wormed her, she just has that "dairy body".

Eating her grain in the milking stand.  She is very well trained and hops right up on the stand, and she doesn't fuss while I milk her.


Mmmmmm fresh milk!
 I use a washable coffee strainer to make sure any hairs or whatnot are kept out the milk when I put it in the jars.



 Also consistently up to 6 to 7 eggs a day now.  When I feel better I might start sequestering the hens one at a time to find out who, if any, aren't laying.

The grass is already starting to look greener.  I will need to take the plow off the lawn tractor and get the mower deck back on it.  I just hope I remember how to do it.  Of course Dad is just a phone call away.
Love my parents.

I want to get some of the woods fenced in asap.  I want to have it available for the goats when the honeysuckle and other brush starts growing in.  I also need to get my mini-orchard plot ready.  I am so eager to get these things done, but I am down with a cold.  Sometimes it seems like all I can do is the basic chores around here, much less expand my production.  But I will!!

GUMPTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment