Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Warm morning

The sparse fog was fading in the morning sun, the birds the only sound as I stepped out for morning chores.  Then I started my coughing.  Rob has been sick for three to four days, and I have begun into the descent of the illness as well.

Mostly it is just drainage, coughing, he is sneezing, and his chest is congested.  And of course with the sickness comes weakness.  I hate feeling weak.  I want to go out and do things now that the weather has taken a turn towards spring, but I know if I do too much I will only make myself worse.  Rob doesn't like taking days off, even if he runs out of breath climbing the stairs.

So as much as it pained me I stayed in and napped after I took care of the critters.  Then I pulled some old plants out of a couple of the raised beds, and picked up some trash that had blown into the yard.  Feeling a little run-down again I took another rest, mostly watching old tv shows like Bonanza and The Rifleman.  We don't bother with cable or dish.

Then it was evening chores and I waited for Rob to get home to help with the baby goats.  We were supposed to do it over the weekend, but he was very sick then and I didn't want to push him.  His job was to hold the kids while I gave them the last of their vaccines shots, wormed them, and gave them their first hoof trimming.  All very traumatic for the babies.

Or course while doing this to the first one, the other goats got out because I hadn't bothered to tie up the bottom of the gate.  It only took a little grain to gather them all back up, but it was just an added nuisance on top of us both not feeling 100%.

But we got both of the babies tended to, and went to eat our dinner and go to bed.

On a side note, one of the kids is sold and should be picked up Monday.  I hope the other sells, otherwise I will probably just whether him and eventually put him up for meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment