Sunday, March 22, 2015

Turning the Corner

Spring came around the corner and I turned the corner with my cold.  The weather is great and we bought a tiller to get more gardening going.

My little fruit orchard came in the mail, two apple trees, a plum, cherry, nectarine and pear.

Along the driveway is a spot I wanted to clear of little shrub flowering bushes and a couple of small cedars.  I figured it would be better to have it productive than just growing those plants.
 Rob helped with attaching the chains while I drove the tractor.  I tore up some ground but we're going to till it anyway.  I also tore up the driveway some but I just shoveled the gravel back.
 We got the trees yanked out, tomorrow we will brushhog the bushes and begin tilling up the ground.  I hope I can get the trees in tomorrow too but not sure how long it will take us to get everything cleared.
I plan on putting a small fence around the orchard to keep out deer, loose goats, etc.

I am very excited to get working outside on my projects again.  Being sick for a week really had me down in the dumps because the weather was so nice.  I want to do so much and being sick was just keeping me laid out watching tv.  I still need to take it a little easy cause if I get to breathing too hard the drainage makes me want to throw up.  But I know it will get better, I am on my way and spring is here.  The weather is warmer and I can get work done outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment