Friday, January 10, 2014

The Thaw

The snow is releasing its grasp on us.  Sliding off the roof in sheets of primordial glaciers and landing with all the force it can muster onto the deck.  If you don't know what it is you might think someone was trying to get into the house.  Except that the dogs didn't get upset about it.

It was finally warm enough for me to stand being outside with Rags.  In fact I even took the water for the chickens to them in a T-shirt.  I tell you, after -10 weather, 35 seems fantastic.


The warmer weather is making me feel better too.  I think I am done hibernating for awhile and I am eager to get out and do some work around the farm.  Like moving the chicken tractor as soon as possible (see: snow melt).
Those poor chickens have been stuck on that spot for a week now and it is wet and gross.  I threw hay and a piece of cardboard down for them during the week to give them a dryer place to stand, but very little can hold up to that many chickens in one spot for so long.  I don't like it, but it is what we have to contend with for now.  As soon as I can get them off their swamp of poop I will.

Been feeling a little froggy about my books too.  I may just buck up and self-publish them.  Maybe people will buy enough to pay for the cost.  Maybe it will get me an agent eventually.  And then again maybe I am just throwing money at my ego.  But it needs to be fed occasionally too.

No comments:

Post a Comment